With global meat prices rising more than 10% in 2022, reliable processing methods and quality assurance are becoming vital pieces of the puzzle when it comes to reducing costs from wastage and extracting maximum value from the food processing chain.
With the exhibitor line-up for next month’s inaugural edition of Meat Pro Asia now confirmed, it’s clear that these considerations will be at the top of the agenda in Bangkok from 8 – 10 March. The focus will be on how to deliver meat from farm to table in a cost effective and scalable way, with more than 80 exhibitors from 20 countries and regions participating.
“It’s pleasing to see the exhibitor list take shape, and in particular the presence of suppliers with strong research and development backgrounds who are pushing the industry forward in areas such as food preservation and sample analysis; the building blocks of a safe and cost- effective food chain,” says Mr Jack Wong, Deputy General Manager, Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd. “This has set the stage for a productive fair in March, with exhibitors delivering plenty of value for the local market, and day two of the fringe programme focusing heavily on the topics of sustainability and food safety.”
Ms Panadda Kongma, Director of Agribusiness and Operations, VNU Asia Pacific, adds: “Although Meat Pro Asia is a new fair and therefore still in its growth stage, we see strong potential for the first edition due to its co-location with VIV Asia – the largest trade fair from feed to food in the region. This guarantees a solid turnout of engaged buyers from the meat industry, and extensive cross-over business opportunities.” Sample analysis and preservation
While fuel inflation and the cost of grains fed to farmed animals are two of the main causes of increased meat prices, food wastage is also a consideration when it comes to keeping costs under control. Offering solutions to this issue, and in recognition that rising affluence is driving more meat consumption in South East Asia, many European and Chinese brands have identified Meat Pro Asia as an opportunity to showcase their sample analysis and preservation solutions.
You may also like to read…
- PepsiCo to Invest in US Regenerative Agriculture Practices
- How Cobots are Revamping the F&B Industry?
- Good Meat Got FDA Clearance for Cultivated Meat
- Arla Foods Ingredients’ Peptigen® IF-3080 approved by EFSA
- Exhibitors and Visitors Brought Grandeur to Aahar 2023
Some highlights include:
- Bizerba – a German manufacturer of inspection systems for food production. The company will present their metal detection system iMD pro, with integrated conveyor for reliable and flexible quality assurance. The system ensures safe detection of contaminations such as steel, stainless steel, or non-ferrous metals such as aluminium.
- HiperScan – offering quick and reliable examination for all types of meat products. The company’s Finder SD nir-analysis-device can be used for process control and incoming and outgoing goods inspection, including exact determination of fat, moisture, protein, collagen, ash, salt and saturated fatty acids.
- Mettler Toledo – a manufacturer of analytical instruments including high precision laboratory scales, digital balances, industrial scales and inline analytical instruments.
Reliable processing and sawing is another important part of the production chain, and a key product segment that will be showcased from well-known brands including:
- Munkfors – a Swedish manufacturer who will present their SPS10 Carcass Splitting Blade, 4TPI Meat Bandsaw Blade and Tothed Bacon Slicer.
- Rieckermann – a reliable service and technology provider developing customised, high-quality solutions along the entire value chain of industrial production. For the growing food market, the company supplies a wide range of processing technology and packaging systems.
- HI-COOK Group – providing high-performance food processing equipment as well as safe and reliable maintenance services for the food industry around the world.
- Ecolab – with close attention to human and environmental impact, the company has a long history of innovation with a team of 1,200 scientists, engineers and technical specialists that create best-in- class solutions.
Held together with VIV Asia – the largest fair in Asia for livestock production and animal husbandry, Meat Pro Asia focuses exclusively on solutions that deliver meat from farm to table. This includes slaughtering, the full processing chain, packaging, labelling, cold chain logistics, quality control, hygiene, IoT and automation, waste water treatment and more.
The inaugural edition, organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and VNU Group, will take place from 8-10 March 2023 in Challenger 1, IMPACT, Bangkok. For more information, please e-mail email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org